Monday, June 28, 2010

No respect for Mikko Koivu



We're not all perfect. No matter how much your significant other or your parents tell you that you are - NO ONE is.

Making mistakes is part of life - I get that, I've made many and will probably still make some, I am only 25. I will be the first to admit that I made a mistake in a recent post I made on another website. The person catching my mistake even emailed me to inform me of my blunder (thank you for not posting it in the comments by the way).

So what did I do? I emailed back and thanked the reader for pointing it out to me and then went in and edited the post. Mistake fixed. An entire word I missed. But I was able to insert that word and now all is right with the world (okay so fixing that one mistake didn't bring peace to the Middle East or even find me full time employment).

Now I know you are probably wondering, "What does this have to do with Mikko Koivu?" Last week I had noticed on the Shop.NHL site (via Wild.com) that on the listing for the Mikko Koivu Third Jersey they had misspelled his name to "Miko". Not a huge end of the word mistake but I still emailed them to let them know it was misspelled. After a few more communication with whichever Representative I got they told me...

Thank you for following up with us on this matter. We have submitted a
request for our Operations Department to research this matter further
and correct this error. Please allow 3-5 business days for us to review
this matter.


All you need to do is add the extra "k" to "Miko" So because the matter has yet to be resolved I have decided to start the Twitter hashtag #Respect4Mikko Will anyone post anything? Doubtful. But the Weather Service tells me it is unsafe to go outside today (have to love poor air quality and a heat index predicted to go near or above 100 yet again).

So in recap...

What to do when you make a mistake:
*Own up to the mistake
*If it is something that can be fixed, you fix it (As soon as possible)
*Learn from it
*Think positive
*Don't obsess about it
*Remember that everyone makes mistakes


*** UPDATE ***

It is just before 5 p.m. and I just recived an e-mail stating that the spelling error will be corrected within the next 2-3 days. #Respect4Mikko

No comments:

Post a Comment