Friday, April 22, 2011

30 days of pictures Day 2: Me and the person I have been closest with the longest




Okay so there are three of us in the shot but clearly I am not close with Hockey Hall of Famer Larry Murphy; but I am close with my mom.

My mom and I are more than just mother and daughter - we’re hockey buddies.

We have been going to hockey games together for as long as I can remember and she had developed me into the woman I am today in every way.

When I was a kid we use to go up to watch the Flint Generals; as I got older we started going to see the Detroit to Red Wings.

A little over a year ago I had fallen ill while living out in Virginia and my mom drove out there to help take care of the kids. My husband was not allowed to come visit because the kids were not allowed in the hospital so they would trade on and off watching them and coming to visit during my two week stay with pancreatitis and a pancreatic pseudo cyst ( just a few of the lovely complications from what was suppose to be an out patient procedure).

A mother and daughter bond is something special that I now have with my own two daughters - and maybe one day I will also be yelling at them to “cover up that Wild shirt.”

No comments:

Post a Comment