Thursday, May 27, 2010

Winter Classic 2011: Penguins to host Capitals?


Winter Classic fever has hit!!! It is only May 25th but there is a buzz on the Internet right now about the Penguins hosting the Capitals next year.

Every year the Winter Classic is becoming a bigger event and putting Sidney Crosby vs Alex Ovechkin - does it really get any bigger right now for the NHL?

I'll be honest. I don't remember much from this years Winter Classic; however, I was taken to the Emergency Room that morning with abdominal pain and spent the day in the ER before being admitted to what turned into a two week hospital stay.

What would be something fantastic to add to this spectacle that has become the annual Winter Classic on New Years Day? Having and outdoor set up for fans in the home city for the visiting team.

I grew up in Michigan and I remember watching the 2009 Winter Classic with my family back in Michigan and thinking how much fun the atmosphere is and how I bet The Penalty Box (Red Wings' themed bar in Fenton, Michigan) was packed.

So - NHL - why not add an outdoor rink for the Capitals fans to join in? There has to be away to set up a rink and some screens in the National Mall. What a back drop that would be - especially if there is snow anything like this past winter in the District.

No comments:

Post a Comment